This article includes the best small cooler reviews currently available for sale. When choosing a small cooler to review, we considered its capacity, materials and insulation prowess, comfort during transport, usability, and the ratings and reviews from verified customers.
We selected items from manufacturers like Coleman, Igloo, Rubbermaid, Arctic Zone, and other brands that are well-known for their high-quality and long-lasting cooler products.
Picnic at Ascot Ultimate 24 -Quart Cooler
The Picnic at Ascot is a semi rigid, durable cooler that is 12.5 inches long, 11.5 inches wide, and 12.5 inches high. It can hold eighteen cans of soda or nine long-neck bottles standing up.
This Igloo cooler features a lid with self-draining cup holders and a secret compartment that can fit a wallet or can cozies. It can also be locked using one or two padlocks that are not included.
Additonally, the back of the Picnic at Ascot cooler is curved to make carrying it a little more ergonomic. According to online reviews from verified customers, some had difficulty with ice melting too quickly; however, others remedied this issue by using frozen water bottles to keep the contents cold.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY from PICNIC at ASCOT USA - Designers and Manufacturers for over 25 years of a Wide Range of High...
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN - Sewn in steel rim and side supports preventing sagging and water spills- FOLDS FLAT to save space...
- LEAKPROOF - Heavy grade, thick puncture resistant food safe liner- HEAT SEALED to prevent leaks
Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Cooler
The Arctic Zone Titan zipperless cooler is a soft body cooler with a lid that closes with a tight Velcro seal rather than a zipper. It is 12 inches long, 8 inches wide, and 12 inches tall. It features hard liner that allows the cooler to keep its shape and comes in three sizes: 16, 30, or 48 cans.
This liner of the Arctic Zone Titan zipperless cooler has a removable shelf which enables you to keep soft items above and separate from hard cans.
The shoulder strap is adjustable and includes a shoulder pad to reduce fatigue and stress. The insulation of the Deep Freeze cooler will keep ice frozen for about twelve hours. This and the removable shelf make the zipperless Arctic Zone cooler the cooler for packing lunch and drinks for one.
- Deep Freeze high performance insulation with radiant heat barrier reflects heat rather than absorbing it
- Patented, "flip open" Zipperless lid allows for quick access to food and drinks; Features FDA compliant HardBody liner...
- Features an Ultra Safe leak proof, easy clean interior lining; Includes insulated front pocket
You can check out the official presentation video of the Arctic Zone Titan zipperless cooler below:
Driftsun 20 Quart Ice Chest/Heavy Duty Cooler/High Performance Commercial Grade Insulation (Seafoam)
The 5-quart Rubbermaid cooler is a great size for carrying lunch or a six-pack with ice. It is a hard-sided cooler that is 10.5 inches long, 7.4 inches wide, and 8 inches high.
This cooler features a swinging handle that makes it easier to carry than others. It also features superior thermal retention, keeping contents cold for hours.
In addition, this cooler has a stain- and odor-resistant lining that is easy to clean. Some customers who wrote Rubbermaid cooler reviews appreciate the insulation capabilities of this small cooler, while others love that it’s made in the USA.
- INSULATED COOLER: Driftsun Ice Chests hold ice for days on end with up to 3” inches of commercial grade insulation,...
- FEATURES: Every Driftsun Cooler is packed with features that make camping and the outdoors even better. It comes with...
- SERIOUSLY TOUGH: All Driftsun Ice Chests are virtually Indestructible. These portable coolers are made with Rotomolded...
Coleman 9-Can Soft Cooler with Hard Liner
The Coleman 9-Can Cooler is a soft-body cooler with a hard, removable liner. It is 9.5 inches long, 6.5 inches wide, and 10.25 inches tall and features front and side pockets in addition to the main cooler.
In addition, it is also has bungee straps on top that can hold a 2-liter bottle. The shoulder strap is adjustable so it can also work as a handle.
The Coleman 9 can soft cooler with hardliner can keep contents cold for 8 to 10 hours; in addition, the liner is removable and made of antimicrobial materials.
This is a great cooler for daily use and is, in our opinion, one of the best coolers for hiking alone or the best personal lunch cooler available for purchase in 2019.
YETI Roadie 20 Cooler
This is a great cooler for road trips or camping. It is tough and durable and will take some abuse. In our reviews, this is one of the best hard-body coolers.
- The YETI Roadie is BYOB’s new best friend with a capacity of up to 14 cans with recommended 2:1 ice-to-contents ratio
- Ice stays ice thanks to up to 2 inches of PermaFrost Insulation and an extra thick FatWall design which is certified...
- The Rotomolded Construction makes the Roadie armored to the core and virtually indestructible so wherever you decide to...
Coleman FlipLid 5-Quart Cooler
The Coleman FlipLid 5-quart cooler is a great small cooler for a trip to the beach. It is a hard-body cooler that measures 8.25 inches long, 7 inches wide, and 10.5 inches high. It is just the right size to hold a six-pack and some ice.
Customers appreciate the craftsmanship of this cooler, specifically that when you fully open the lid, it stays solidly open, revealing cup holders and a space that can be used as a small table. The insulation of this cooler keeps ice frozen solid for six to seven hours, which makes it one of the best ice chest coolers on the market.
- Small, portable cooler keeps food and beverages cold
- 5-quart capacity holds up to 6 cans
- Reversible FlipLid with molded beverage holders provides stable surface
If you are looking for a small cooler to pack ice cubes, you might also be interested in the best ice scoops available on the market this year!
dbest products Ultra Compact Smart Cart, Red Insulated Cooler
The 16-quart Coleman Personal Wheeled Cooler is the only wheeled cooler on our list. At sixteen quarts it qualifies as a small cooler but comes with the extra maneuverability of a long handle and wheels. It’s 10.75 inches long, 15 inches wide, and 15 inches tall, which means it can hold up to 22 cans or 11 beer or water bottles.
It has very efficient insulation which keeps the contents cold for up to two days. This is a great option for weekend trips or anywhere you will walk to your destination. In our reviews, this wins best wheeled small cooler.
- Weighs less than 3 lbs.Folds Flat for storage. useful for light trips to the grocery. Keeps your ice cream and popsicles...
- This soft-sided cooler is a fully insulated leak-proof cooler that fits 36 cans plus ice cubes.Carry anything from...
- Great for Barbecues and pool parties. Keep it in your patio to have your refreshments at hand. Dimensions are 13 1/2" X...
Planning a longer summer camping trip? Make sure you also go through our collection of the best portable ice makers on the market in 2019!
Coleman Excursion Cooler
The Coleman 9-quart excursion cooler is a hard-body cooler that can hold nine cans or six bottles of water/beer with extra room for ice or a couple of sandwiches. It is 12.9 inches long, 11.3 inches wide, and 9.3 inches high.
This is a great option for a lunch box, or to take a six pack and some snacks for a day trip. The insulation of this Coleman 9-quart cooler holds heat out for about 8 hours and the bail handle makes it easy to carry by both right- and left-handed customers.
- Portable beverage cooler with 9-quart capacity
- Large enough to hold 9 cans or a full meal
- Durable integrated lid hinges withstand repeated opening and closing
If you want a deeper look into this Coleman 9-quart cooler, you can check out the following presentation video for its 16-quart counterpart; even though the one in the video has a larger capacity, the construction is the same:Cheapest Product
MIER Insulated Lunch Box Bag
The Mier insulated lunch box is a soft-sided cooler that measures 12 inches long, 6 inches wide, and 9 inches high. It is large enough to hold sixteen cans of soda or 8 beer bottles; in addition, its soft sides allow it to collapse for easier storage. The zipper operates smoothly and can be secured with a luggage lock.
According to the manufacturer, the seams are heat welded and its interior lining is leakproof. The shoulder strap of this Mier soft cooler bag is adjustable from 9 to 19 inches, which enables both hand- and shoulder-carrying.
- Durable --- Made of high quality polyester, all of MIER bag use famous SBS zipper
- Medium Size --- 12’’L * 6’’W * 9’’H, fit 16cans 330ml Cola, plenty of room to keep your meal containers and...
- Insulated --- Heat welded seams and leakproof liner, easy to keep clean by just wiping down and natural withering
Fit & Fresh Small Insulated Cooler Bag
The Fit & Fresh cooler bag has a capacity of 6 soda or beer cans and measures 9 x 8.75 x 6.5 inches. It also comes with an adjustable side pocket and a zippered front one for storing other drinks or valuables.
In addition, this cooler bag also comes with an adjustable and detachable shoulder strap and reinforced handles that ensure it will be a long-lasting small cooler.
- TAKE ANYWHERE: Take meals and drinks to school, work or the playing field in this sporty, insulated cooler bag
- PACK A HEALTHY LUNCH: Lunch bag has extra thick insulation to keep meals, snacks and drinks fresh and cool for hours
- SPACIOUS INTERIOR: Great to use as a small drink cooler, with a capacity of 6 cans or water bottles
Sornean Multi-Function Backpack Folding Chair with Cooler Bag
Firstly, this awesome backpack cooler chair from Sornean is ultra lightweight and durable according to the manufacturer and customer reviews. In fact, it’s the third reviews according to our research.
Additionally, it’s made of high-quality waterproof oxford fabric and only weighs 6 pounds. In addition, this cooler/chair/backpack combo also features lots of pockets and can fold down neatly for storage in other travel bags if needed.
Thus, customers mention the weight limit for the chair is 250 pounds, making it a very sturdy and reliable option.
eBags Crew Cooler II
Firstly, the eBags Crew Cooler was originally created for flight attendants and pilots. Secondly, its greatest features include the many different compartments, pouches, and different-sized pockets. Thirdly, it also has a pass-through sleeve on the back so that it can slide over the handle on rolling luggage.
It is 10 inches long, 14 inches wide, and 10.5 inches high. Only the bottom compartment is a cooler, as the upper compartment, side pockets, and front compartment are not lined with insulation.
Furthermore, the eBags Crew Cooler II is soft-sided and can collapse for compact storage. In addition, the liner of the cooler compartment is removable and can be replaced if damaged or taken away for cleaning.
In our reviews, this wins best cooler for travel. In addition, it comes in 8 attractive and modern colors so you will definitely find one that you will love!
- Originally designed for the unique needs of Flight Attendants and Pilots but loved by all!
- Top "dry" compartment has two zipper pulls for easy access and is perfect for non-perishables
- Zippered mesh pocket in the lid keeps napkins and other small items in place
If you want to see just how many snacks and drinks you can fit in the eBags Crew Cooler II, check out the video below:
Lifewit 12-Can Insulated Soft Cooler Bag
This 12-can soft cooler bag from Lifewit is one of the best bags today, made of durable 1680D water-resistant dirt-proof Oxford fabric.
Moreover, the inside features food grade aluminum foil and 8mm EPE foam to ensure thermal resistance. It’s an ideal option for storing food and maintaining your drinks cold for school, workplace, and pretty much everywhere else.
Additionally, the design of this cooler bag allows you to wear it as a crossbody, shoulder bag or handbag, as it features a padded handle and a detachable/adjustable shoulder strap.
At 7.9 x 7.9 x 9.8 inches, this option from Lifewit is small enough to be easily carried everywhere and accommodating enough to fit your everyday needs.
- ➤ UPGRADE LINING & ZIPPER: The Lifewit lunch bag’s lining is made of PEVA foil that won't melt easily when the bag...
- ➤ LONG-TERM INSULATION: The Lifewit lunch bag is made of insulated material which can keep foods and drinks cool or...
- ➤ LARGE CAPACITY: 7.87”L*7.87”W*9.84”H. The maximum capacity is 9L, spacy enough to store 12 tins of coke...
In conclusion, our verdict for best small cooler overall goes to the eBags crew cooler and Lifewit soft cooler bag considering ratings and reviews from verified customers. Additionally, they’re ideal for those who travel a lot and don’t need all of their items cool.
However, Coleman and Rubbermaid also make high-quality, long-lasting small coolers.
What do you think? Feel free to share your thoughts, experience, and/or questions with us!