But what’s the best water filter?
As a key note, try to look for refrigerator water filters which filter the water in many different stages. On top of that, you’ll want a water filter that will filter thousands of gallons of water before requiring a water filter replacement.
This blog will outline basic information you should know before purchasing a water filter. It will also list the top 5 best water filters on the market today.
Make sure to test your water and identify certain contaminants in order to know what you’re looking for in a water filter.
Choosing a water filter that does not remove your particular contaminants isn’t very useful.
Know what chemicals or impurities you’re dealing with before investing.
Where to Buy
Any store that sells refrigerators typically offer appliance parts as well. This includes replacement filters.
You can find a quality refrigerator water filter for sale on retail websites as well, such as Amazon.
Refrigerator water filter costs depend on the refrigerator’s model. The price also depends on the amount of water the filter is able to filter, as well as its filtering specifications.
Higher-end filters are able to remove very harsh chemicals or contaminants such as fluoride and arsenic while low-end filters remove just the basic contaminants such as VOCs (volatile organic compounds), microorganisms, lead and chlorine.
Tips – Staying in the Know
It’s recommended to only purchase a new refrigerator water filter that’s designed specifically for your refrigerator at home.
This is not to say you must buy the filter from the manufacturer directly. You can browse for your model at appliance and home improvement stores. This may help you save a few pennies as well.
Top 5 Best Water Filters
Without further ado, we have our five best water filters!
As mentioned above, the water filter you choose highly depends on the type of model and brand your at-home refrigerator is.
That being said, the water filters listed here are of the utmost quality due to their properties and what they offer.
If you don’t see a water filter here that suits your specific refrigerator model, keep note of what the best filters provide, then match these aspects and points with a filter choice for your specific situation.
1. Waterdrop UKF8001 Replacement for Maytag UKF8001
- The EDR4RXD1 replacement water filter for whirlpool refrigerator, despite its affordable price, offers the best - a mix...
- [Advanced filtration process] If you have been looking for a way to reduce harmful impurities from your drinking water,...
- [Perfect fit] You can now worry less about water leakages due to unfit or loose replacement refrigerator filters. This...
This filter can be paired with many types of Amana and Maytag refrigerators. It’s an excellent choice for basic water purifying. This is due to its coconut carbon technology which is highly recommended for purification purposes.
This water filter also eliminates rust, chlorine, cysts, corrosion, turbidity and sediment and is NSF-certified.
2. GE RPWFE Refrigerator Water Filter
- This Waterdrop refrigerator filter, despite its affordable price, offers the best - a mix of prior filtration...
- 【Advanced filtration process】If you have been looking for a way to reduce harmful impurities from your drinking...
- 【Replacement models】GE RPWF, Odoga RPWF, MORE Pure Filters MPF15350, Dista DWF-36, Refresh R-3600, EXCELPURE...
This refrigerator water filter pairs well with most late GE brands. It’s lightweight and has the most recent filtration technology, created by GE.
This filter gets rid of a number of impurities such as cysts, lead, chlorine-resistant microbial cysts, 5 various pharmaceuticals as well as 15 different contaminants.
3. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 3
- EveryDrop Filter 3 is the only filter Certified by Whirlpool Corporation to work with your Whirlpool, Maytag,...
- NSF Certified to Reduce the Most Contaminants. Reduces 66 contaminants, including pharmaceuticals, waterborne parasites,...
- Certified to fit these leading refrigerator brands: Whirlpool, MAYTAG, KitchenAid, JENN-AIR and Amana. The only Genuine...
This Whirlpool water filter is compatible with many various refrigerator brands. These brands include:
This filter also uses a special technology that runs of a triple filtration system.
It’s proven to eliminate almost all harmful impurities and greatly reduces your water supply’s pharmaceuticals.
4. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 1
- Triple Filtration Technology
EveryDrop filter is a Whirlpool refrigerator water filter that can remove a huge amount of impurities and contaminants such as pharmaceuticals, parasites, pesticides and lead. It’s also compatible with many different types of refrigerator models and brands.
5. Best Frigidaire Water Filter –WHKF-GD25BB
- Reduces sand, soil, silt, sediment and rust
- Rigid construction and grooved surface area for extra sediment holding capacity
- 25 Micron Nominal Filtration
Many believe this water filter is everything they need. As a highly compatible filter for refrigerators, it removes many different heavy metal impurities including cadmium, mercury, thallium and lead. It also filters chlorine and is cheaper than the other filters on this list.
Best Water Filter: Top 5 List Conclusion
There are many different types of water filters on the market that provide the filtration and purification needs you’re looking for.
Depending on the model and brand of your refrigerator, there is a high-quality refrigerator water filter for you.
Prices can range from $30-$120. For some, this isn’t cheap. Make sure you shop carefully and do your research: find out which contaminants you’re dealing with and what type of filter is able to eliminate these specific contaminants. From there, you’ll be able to make a more educated and informed decision.
Do you know of any more high-quality refrigerator water filters that we didn’t cover? What makes them great? We’d love to hear about them!
Feature image via Filter Butler
Last update on 2021-01-24 at 17:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API