There seems to be an unlimited number of options on the market when shopping for a portable ice maker. When making a decision, knowing what to consider before purchase can be helpful. Considering how easy the ice maker is to transport, how much it weighs, how simple it is to use, and the amount of ice it yields are a few things you can consider to ensure you are choosing an ice maker that will best suit your specific needs. Below, we have provided a detailed review of the Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker, which is a high-quality product that is built to last and yields a great amount of ice throughout the day.
Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker Description
This portable ice maker from Avalon Bay can be purchased in shiny black, gray, or red. It is sleek and stylish, so it will look great on any countertop without taking up too much space. It is lightweight and compact enough to be easily transported outside for barbecues, tailgates, camping trips, and more. The ice maker measures 11 inches x 14.8 inches x 14.7 inches and weighs only 21 lbs.
The Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S ice maker has a removable ice basket and an included ice scoop, making it easier than ever to transfer batches of ice to a freezer or cooler after it’s been made. You can monitor the ice-making process through the products window over the ice basket, so you’ll know exactly when ice is complete. The push-button controls are right below this window. They are extremely simple to navigate and allow you to choose between either small or large ice bullets.
In addition to the control buttons, this ice maker features small indicator lights that will notify you when the ice basket is full and when you need to add more water. The water tank is overfill-protected, so you won’t have any messes. This ice maker can produce up to 26 lbs. of ice a day.
Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker Specs
- Small and large ice bullet options
- Water Refill and Basket Full indicator lights
- Window into ice basket
- Water tank won’t overfill
- Up to 26 lbs. of ice in 24 hours
- A six minute start-up time
- Simple push-button controls
Operating the Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker
The Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker plugs into any AC power outlet. The push-buttons on top of the ice machine make handling incredibly simple. One button turns the ice maker on and off, while a second button selects from the two ice bullet sizes, small and large.
Within six minutes, the ice maker will begin producing ice that you can see through the window. Once the ice basket is full, the indicator light comes on and you can then transfer the ice bullets into a cooler or freezer. Once emptied, the ice basket will begin to fill with ice once again.
Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker Pros and Cons:
- Quiet performance: The Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker runs much quieter than the standard ice machine. This is great if you plan to use the ice maker throughout the day in your home on a regular basis.
- Two ice bullet sizes: This product offers two different ice bullet sizes, both small and large. This allows you to create the right ice for every occasion.
- Overfill protection: The water tank on this ice maker won’t overfill and cause a mess or spill during use.
- Speed of operation: The Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker starts producing ice in just six short minutes. If emptied every time, the indicator light flashes, then the ice maker will immediately begin another batch of ice, adding up to about 26 lbs in a 24-hour period.
- Compact size: This ice machine is small, lightweight, and cube-shaped. It is easy to take on-the-go, throw in a bag, and use almost anywhere you might need ice.
- The water tank included in this product is not removable. This can make it more difficult to clean and fill easily.
- Plastic housing: Since you will likely be taking this ice maker on-the-go, there is a chance of dropping or damaging. Unfortunately, the plastic housing is not as durable as other metal options would be.
What Users Say about the Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker
Many users and reviewers of this product are impressed by the high-yield of ice that it can produce in just a single day. They love that there is no limit to the ice they can produce.
Another user says that they think this is the perfect product for tailgates and camping trips. It is easy to transport and lightweight, so packing it for the trip is no hassle. Additionally, it is easy to use outside with a portable AC adapter.
Unfortunately, one opinion that several people have about this product is that it doesn’t last as long as they had hoped. The cooling fan does not always hold up to long hours of use, and the plastic housing isn’t as durable as some users of this product would prefer.
For the low price and all of the advantages, we feel that the Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker is a great product and meets all of the criteria for choosing it as an ideal ice maker.
The pros heavily outweigh the few drawbacks that users may experience. If you take proper care of the ice maker, then the issues with durability shouldn’t be a major concern for you.
Please share with us your experiences with this ice machine and feel free to ask any questions you have about the product.