If standard ice makers aren’t producing the results you’ve been looking for, then we think you’ll love the Luma Comfort IM200SS Portable Clear Ice Maker. Unlike most ice makers on the market today, this product from Luma Comfort makes crystal clear ice cubes that are great for professional events and photographs. Below, we have provided a detailed review of this product so that you can make the best decision for your personal preferences when buying an ice maker.
Luma Comfort IM200SS Portable Ice Maker Description
This ice maker was built for professionalism and quality. It features a durable and sleek stainless steel body that fits perfectly on a kitchen or restaurant counter-top. It measures 11.3 inches x 14.8 inches x 14.1 inches and weighs 25.5 lbs., so it is fairly easy to take with you outside for parties and barbecues.
While most other ice makers produce cloudy ice bullets, the Luma Comfort IM200SS produces crystal clear ice cubes equivalent to what you would see at a restaurant. In just one day, this product can yield up to 28 lbs. of ice so that you’ll never have to waste time freezing your own cubes or running to the store for a bag of ice.
Luma Comfort IM200SS Portable Ice Maker Specs
- Modern, sleek stainless steel body, durable enough to resist damage
- Indicator lights for Low Water and Ice Tray Full
- Crystal clear ice cubes that look professional
- Plugs into any AC power outlet
- Clear ice melts five times slower than regular ice
- 28 lbs. of ice produced a day
- Easy operation via push buttons
- Internal cooling fan that is effective and quiet
Operating the Luma Comfort IM200SS Portable Clear Ice Maker
This ice maker is powered through any AV outlet. Once plugged in, the machine can be filled with water and then turned on immediately by pressing the single on/off button on the lid. In just a few minutes, the cooling fan will kick in and the machine will start producing ice cubes. You should not lift the ice maker’s lid while it is filling the chamber. Instead, wait for the machine to stop operating.
A small indicator light on the ice maker’s lid will turn on once the ice tray is completely full. At this point, you can either use the ice immediately or transfer it to your freezer to begin making more. Once empty, the ice tray will begin filling with ice once again. If the ice maker runs low on water, another indicator light will turn on to let you know to fill the reservoir.
If you do not remove the finished ice from the machine, it will begin to melt, as the machine itself is not refrigerated. Any melted ice is simply drawn back into the water reservoir and can be refrozen at a later time, so you don’t have to worry about water leakage onto your counter-top.
Luma Comfort IM200SS Portable Clear Ice Maker Pros and Cons
- Clear Ice: The Luma Comfort IM200SS Portable Clear ice maker produces perfectly clear ice. Not only does this ice look more professional, but clear ice also melts up to five times slower than cloudy and airy ice cubes.
- Stainless steel housing: Unlike many other ice makers, the Luma Comfort IM200SS features a stainless steel housing rather than a plastic one. This is far more durable, easier to clean, and more modern and professional looking on your counter-top.
- Zero water waste: Any ice that melts in the ice tray is circulated back into the water reservoir. From here, it can be refrozen again at a later time.
- Easy to operate: This ice maker only has one button on the lid. This button turns the machine on and off quickly and easily.
- Compact size: This ice machine is small, lightweight, and cube-shaped. It is easy to take outside for parties and barbecues.
- Indicator lights: This ice maker has two indicator lights that will notify you when the water reservoir needs to be filled and when the ice tray has reached capacity.
- No window: Most ice makers feature a small window on top that allows you to watch the ice-making process, but this model does not. Fortunately, the indicator light will notify you when the chamber is full.
- No scoop: This product does not come with an additional ice scoop, so it can be challenging to transfer ice directly into beverages.
What Users Say about the Knox Portable Ice Maker
Many users find that this product is great in a professional environment, including restaurants. The clear ice, quiet operation, and sleek counter-top design allow this ice maker to fit right into a restaurant setting.
Another user says that they absolutely love using this ice maker outside in nice weather. It rests easily on any flat surface and yields enough ice to sustain a fun summer party, cookout, or any other gathering.
Other users rave about Luma Comfort IM200SS ice maker’s stainless steel housing. Not only does it look great, but it comes with other benefits as well. Stainless steel is easier to clean and resistant to scratches and scuffing.
We highly recommend the Luma Comfort IM200SS Portable Clear Ice Maker to anyone who wants one of the highest-quality products on today’s market. All the product’s benefits heavily outweigh the drawbacks. If you own a small restaurant, or if you simply want professional-quality ice in your own home, we encourage you to consider the Luma Comfort IM200SS Portable Clear Ice Maker for your needs.
Please share with us your experiences with this ice machine and feel free to ask any questions you have about the product.