The Opal Nugget ice maker is a portable home ice maker that makes gourmet ice nuggets that are crunchable, chewable, and of high quality. it’s among the first and best ice makers to replicate the famous Sonic ice that comes in their frozen drinks. This Opal Nugget Ice Maker review discusses the ice maker’s capacity, ease of use, specs, and its other unique features.
Opal Nugget Ice Maker Description
Having to visit the Sonic-drive every time you want the ice delicacy you love is a thing of the past because you can buy your own customized ice maker. The Opal Nugget Ice Maker is designed as a countertop machine that makes chewable ice nuggets using a compression system. You will no longer have to go to a restaurant or bar to fulfill your ice chewing craving.
You can connect your Opal ice marker to your smartphone to operate it by setting ice production schedules. The amazing feature about this ice maker is that you can make a large volume of ice without a water line.
- COUNTERTOP SIZE - With its elegant design, the Opal will wow your guests before they even try the delicious ice it...
- QUICK AND POWERFUL - Within only 20 minutes, you?ll be enjoying soft, crunchy ice, just like the ice you love from your...
- SMART - The Opal is bluetooth equipped, so you can set up your ice making schedule from the convenience of your phone...
The ice maker’s cabinet is made of stainless steel while the inside and trim are a reflective black. This makes it ideal for various kitchen countertops no matter the design in your kitchen. While the traditional ice markers are designed to make crescent or cubical ice, this advanced model will scratch ice from the cylinder to make compressed nuggets that are smaller.
Based on our Opal Nugget Ice Maker review, the ice nuggets made by this ice maker can easily absorb all flavors and are chewable. You can rely on this ice maker to make a pound of ice per hour.
You can get this ice maker with a limited warranty of one year. When making ice nuggets, you should use potable water with 205 ppm or minimal mineral hardness. Using your drinking water is recommended because you will be chewing these ice nuggets.
Once you turn it on after installation, you will be able to enjoy your first nugget within 15 minutes due to its efficiency. It comes in a compact countertop design that is portable and pluggable into any outlet for electric powering.
Opal Nugget Ice Maker Specs
Our Opal Nugget Ice Maker Review comes with the following specifications:
Dimensions: 10.5 inches x 15.5 inches x 17.25 inches
Weight: 44 pounds
Amps: 2.5 A
Frequency: 60 Hz
Daily Ice Making Capacity: 24 pounds
Ice Shape: Crunchy ice nuggets
Ice Making Capacity Per Cycle: 1 pound per hour
Display Type: LED white for making ice, blue for needs more water, and yellow for cleaning.
Full Ice Basket Indicator: Yes (solid white)
Add Water Indicator: Yes (blue)
Number of Ice Sizes: 1
Self-Cleaning Function: Yes
Ice Storage: 3 pounds
Removable Ice Bin: Yes
Water Capacity: 2.5 quarts
Operating Opal Nugget Ice Maker
The Opal nugget ice maker needs to be prepared for use like any other machine. First, wash the bin with warm soapy water and rinse it using clean water before plugging the machine in. Set to the Clean option before removing the bin and filling the reservoir with around 5 cups of clean water before replacing it. The cleaning cycle will begin and you will direct the tubes into a sink or bucket for removal when the LED turns yellow.
Once clean, you should refill the reservoir with the recommended 7 cups of drinking water and press start. A whirring sound will be heard and within 10 to 15 minutes you will begin to see ice nuggets emptying into the bin. You can also download the app that will help you operate the ice maker from your smartphones.
Opal is the best ice maker for indoor or outdoor home use; you cannot even tell the difference between its nuggets and those from Sonic!
Opal Nugget Ice Maker Pros and Cons
From our Opal Nugget Ice Maker review, we can conclude the following:
- It makes chewable ice nuggets that are no different from those bought at any Sonic drive-in.
- Unlike a fridge and traditional ice makers, Opal Nugget Ice Maker is fast, easy to operate, and makes flawless ice.
- With this machine, you can make a large volume of ice nuggets right on your kitchen’s countertop.
- You do not need a dedicated water line during the ice making process.
- This ice maker model comes in a stylish design that adds to your kitchen’s decor.
- You can operate Opal Nugget Ice Maker from a phone app whose interface is friendly to use.
- You do not need to connect the ice maker to a water line for it to produce the frozen delicacy you want.
- When making ice nuggets, your preferred indoors quiet atmosphere may be disturbed by the noise produced by the machine as it is louder than other portable ice makers.
- Although the app being used is advanced, it could use some modifications for efficiency, reliability, and convenience.
- With Opal Nugget Ice Maker, you will have to part with a lot of money since it is costlier than the traditional ice makers.
- For better operability, this ice maker needs to be cleaned and maintained at least once every week.
What Users Say
According to a customer’s Opal Nugget Ice Maker review, using this equipment for the first time may be slow. Besides being slow, you also cannot use the ice maker at night because of the whirring noise emitted. Regardless, the ice nuggets were seen in the bin within 10 minutes, which is impressive.
If you buy ice nuggets from Sonic and compare with your Opal nuggets, you won’t find any difference. The nuggets will be highly chewable and have a crunchy consistency. Opal Nugget Ice Maker, however, is a bit pricier than the alternatives with similar or comparable features in the market.
The ice nuggets made from this ice maker are delicious and the equipment itself is reliable. The instructions provided in the booklet are straightforward and accurate.
Living close to a sonic was really convenient if you are a fan of chewable ice. Moving to a different area could force you to buy your own ice maker. If you are in such a fix, Opal Nugget Ice Maker could just be the brand for you.
The Opal Nugget Ice Maker is designed as a countertop kitchen appliance that makes chewable ice similar to those sold at the Sonic stores. It can be operated with an easy to use the phone app. This ice maker is a great catch for the ice chewing fans who would rather stay in the comfort of their homes than drive to the Sonic drive-ins for the crunchy delicacies. If you will not be utilizing it as often, however, you should avoid it since it is a bit pricey.
If this is your case and you are looking for similar models that are highly rated by customers who purchased them, we also recommend reading our collection of the best countertop ice makers you could buy this year.
What do you think about our Opal Nugget Ice Maker Review? Have you used the Opal Nugget Ice Maker? What do you think about it? Feel free to share your comments, views, or questions about this amazing ice making machine.
Last update on 2021-09-25 at 03:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API